*Applications for the Great Ydeas Grants 2017 are now closed.
An investment in women’s leadership:
YWCA Adelaide’s Great Ydeas Small Grants Program provides annual funding to support the leadership journey of YWCA Adelaide Members and advance women’s leadership in South Australia. Members can apply for financial assistance to implement an idea or access an opportunity that develops their own leadership and/or positively impacts on the leadership of other women and girls.
Examples of the types of project that could be supported include but are not limited to:
- Community based activities
- Seeding funds to establish a small business
- Contribution to education, training or conference attendance.
Great Ydeas Small Grants are available for YWCA Adelaide Members who have been members for a minimum of two full years. There is an annual funding pool of $5000 and each small grant is up to $2,500.
Great Ydeas Small Grants are offered annually with applications opening each October at the Annual General Meeting. Applications close each January and successful applicants are announced at each Round the World Breakfast.
2016 Great Ydeas Recipients:
- Daniella Colicchio’s project, A Seat at the Table provides an early step into leadership for young women and girls by supporting them to attend public leadership events in Adelaide. Girls and young women will have the opportunity to launch their leadership and personal development journey.
- Ellen McLoughlin’s project Essentials 4 Women SA distributes women’s sanitary packs and toiletry items to women experiencing homelessness or hardship. This project provides a practical approach to ensuring women are not unnecessarily prevented from participating in their community.
- The Mary Lee Exchange, formed by Gemma Beale and Becci Love, is a new public forum which provides a space for women and gender diverse people to hear stories from leaders and role models in a relaxed and inspirational setting.
Applications for 2018 Great Ydeas Grants will open in October 2017 . To join as a member and learn about more benefits visit: ywca.com.au/get-involved/membership/benefits/