Great Ydeas: An investment in women’s leadership
Applications for the Great Ydeas Grants 2018 are now open!
Applications close 31st January.
YWCA Adelaide’s Great Ydeas Small Grants Program provides annual funding to support the leadership journey of YWCA Adelaide Members and advance women’s leadership in South Australia. Members can apply for financial assistance to implement an idea or access an opportunity that develops their own leadership and/or positively impacts on the leadership of other women and girls.
Examples of the types of project that could be supported include but are not limited to:
- Community based activities
- Seeding funds to establish a small business
- Contribution to education, training or conference attendance.
Great Ydeas Small Grants are available for YWCA Adelaide Members who have been members for a minimum of two full years. There is an annual funding pool of $5000 and each small grant is up to $2,500.
Great Ydeas Small Grants are offered annually with applications opening each October at the Annual General Meeting. Applications close each January and successful applicants are announced at each Round the World Breakfast.
2017 Great Ydeas Recipients:
In its third year, Great Ydeas Grants were awarded to two worthy initiatives:
- Victoria Laughton and Katherine McLachlan – supported to develop The Crime Conversation, a criminology communication services website and social media platform to promote the work of female researchers and practitioners in criminal justice to better advise criminal justice policy and practice particularly on issues impacting women and girls.
- Heidi Hetz – supported on her leadership journey to attend and present her PhD thesis on refugees and asylum speakers at the Australian Sociological Association conference in Perth November 2017.
- Daniella Colicchio’s A Seat at the Table
- Ellen McLoughlin’s Essentials 4 Women SA
- Gemma Beale and Becci Love’s The Mary Lee Exchange
To join as a member and learn about more benefits visit: ywca.com.au/get-involved/membership/benefits/